The Community Aging Specialist is responsible for aging populations at the Hope and Healing Center & Institute (HHCI). They will support research objectives, projects and proposals; undertake research; and evaluate outcomes to support CBAC and HHCI strategy, policy, and procedures, as well as funder requirements.
Based on Experience
- Participate in educational and training programs on topics of interest to community members and health care professionals.
- Meet with individuals and families to provide coaching services on aging and end-of-life issues.
- Serve as a representative of the HHCI and CBAC at professional conferences and within the local community.
- Support marketing and promotional programs for CBAC and Community Healthcare Ethics Consultation Service (CHECS).
- Support research programs undertaken by HHCI and CBAC, including publication of outcomes in quality peer-reviewed journals.
- Contribute to articles for lay journals, news media, and on-line publications and blogs.
- Present research and pertinent information to professional and community groups.
- Establish useful collaborations with individuals and organizations regarding bioethics and aging.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently while participating as a team member.
- Hold MSW, BSW, MDiv, or related degree with interest and/or work experience with aging populations and/or health care, including researching issues pertinent to aging and health care ethics.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. A limited number of after-hours and events are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at desk area, communicate via phone/face to face, manually input data into a computer, walk to different office areas, reach with hands and arms and minimal lifting.
HHCI is an equal opportunity employer. We may not be able to respond to every applicant regarding the status of his or her application. Candidates whose qualifications most closely meet our requirements will be contacted. A background check satisfactory to HHCI is required.
The Aging – Community Education Coordinator may be required to collaborate with research assistants and/or volunteers.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com.