Mental Health 101
Equipping faith communities to better serve those broken by mental health difficulties and disorders
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1 in 5 adults in the United States is struggling with a mental illness.
- 60% of adults and almost 50% of children/adolescents receive no mental health services.
- There are 10 times as many mentally ill persons in our jails and prisons as in state hospitals.
- 30% of the homeless struggle with a mental illness; 5 times the normal rate.
Individuals struggling with mental health problems are more likely to go to a member of the clergy before a physician or mental health care provider.
Do you feel equipped to serve those struggling with a mental illness?
YOUR FAITH COMMUNITY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE; LET US TEACH YOU THE 3Rs:
- RECOGNIZE the signs of mental illness
- REFER those struggling to professional care
- RESTORE lives through supportive community